Terms & Conditions
The term Oriental Food or us or we refers to the owner of the website whose registered office in England is:7/8 Meridian Trading Estate
London SE7 7SJ
Reg in England 123456789
Vat Registration No.: 12345236.
The term you refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Ordering from the Asian Food Shop (Oriental Food)
- a) You are deemed to have placed an order with us by ordering via our online checkout process. As part of our checkout process you will be given the opportunity to check your order and to correct any errors. We will send you an order acknowledgement, detailing the products you have ordered.
- b) Our acceptance of an order takes place when we despatch the order. When we despatch the order the purchase contract will be made. All items ordered are thoroughly checked for any damage before posting. No damaged goods are posted.
- c) We reserve the right to cancel or refuse an order without reason including:
- (i) where goods are not available;
- (ii) where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment;
- (iii) if there has been a pricing or product description error;
- (iv) if you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions;
Any offers are at the discretion of management and may be withdrawn without notice, offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer including free or discounted delivery offers unless stated.
Delivery and Handling
As with most mail order firms we can not guarantee the service provided by the couriers we use for delivery. It is compulsory for the customer to ensure there will be someone available to take delivery at the shipping address provided as a signature will always be required to confirm delivery. All parcels are sent on a trackable service and there may be instances where the customer will be required to enquire direct with couriers in order to resolve delivery issues and/or collect from a post office/depot themselves.
Deliveries to Europe
We currently deliver to the United Kingdom only.
Minimum Order Value and Orders over 30kg.
The minimum order value inc Vat is £10.00. You will not be able to proceed to checkout if the value of your order is below this amount.
The maximum order weight we can ship is 30 kg per parcel. For orders over this please place your order and complete checkout, we will then email you our best quotation for delivery. Your order will not be processed until we receive your confirmation. Shipping and packing charges are calculated depending on the delivery destination. These charges are visible to you when you proceed to the Checkout and before you finalise the order transaction (up to 30kgs, see above).
As checkout is an automated process there may, unfortunately, be errors in the delivery cost to some areas. Please place your order and complete checkout, if there is an error we will email you our best quotation for delivery. Your order will not be processed until we receive your confirmation.
Our warehouse operates Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) and we will try to despatch your order either the same working day or the next working day. Delivery can take between 1 - 5 working days and will be delivered beteeen 07.30 and 20.00, depending on destination and method of delivery.
If you have any queries with your order, please contact Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prices and VAT
- a) All prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto this website. Where VAT is charged on delivery it is also included in the Price shown. Please note that we have a £5 minimum order limit [before delivery charges] for any orders containing standard VAT rated items. There are no minimum order requirements for orders containing solely zero rated goods.
- b) Where we charge separately for carriage and insurance and other relevant charges, we will show separately either at checkout under 'delivery' or on the delivery prices page.
- c) Our prices are reviewed periodically, but all prices shown are subject to change. Any changes to an item already ordered will be notified via email and not processed until confirmed.
- d) Cheque payments for orders under £6 excluding delivery are liable to a £1.00 surcharge fee.
- e) All payment of surcharges are non-negotiable.
Cancellation, Damaged Goods and Returns Policy.
In the unlikely event that an order is lost, damaged, delayed or faulty we will not be able to cover for any damages or losses beyond that of replacing the damaged good. If for any reason you are not entirely happy with your order:
- a) you can notify us by email before we have dispatched the goods to you;
- b) where goods have already been dispatched to you, by returning goods to us in accordance with clause (c) below.
c) Returns Policy
Incorrect, Missing, Faulty or Damaged Goods - If you have received incorrect, missing, faulty or damaged goods, we must be notified immediately on delivery or within 24 hours of delivery to validate any claim. In the case of incorrect/damaged/faulty goods, we reserve the right to assess and form an opinion on whether the goods qualify for a refund, all refunds are subject to inspection and returning the goods to us does not guarantee a refund as this will be at the management's discretion. They will check the goods fully for evidence of the return reason and if satisfied will then process a return. You are required to place any damaged goods in a safe place with the original packaging as we will need to inspect the damage. If we cannot examine the goods we will not be able to offer a refund. We will require pictures clearly showcasing the extent of any damage via email or post. For incorrect, faulty or damaged goods, we will reimburse the cost of you posting the goods back to us only if the cost has been agreed with our Customer Services Department via email first and after the managements inspection. We strongly advise that you use a recorded delivery service. If a recorded delivery service is not used and the goods do not reach us, we cannot be held responsible for the cost of the goods. Refunds can be in the form of a credit or made to the card used for payment. Parcels showing leaks, spills & signs of damage on delivery must not be accepted and be refused delivery signing 'damaged' when asked. In the case of weight based items such as 10kg Rice etc, returns will also be weighed and we will need to be satisfied that damage & loss was caused during transit. This is because Parcelforce will not attempt to deliver parcels showing leaks, spills or damage and so the weights should be almost as the original weight bought. Please seal your returns securely as we cannot be held responsible for loss/damage during return delivery. Rice, Flour or Tinned/Canned Products - Customers ordering Rice, Flour or Tinned/Canned Products must check that the contents are undamaged before signing for delivery and signing confirms the goods have been received intact, undented, invalidating any further claims. If necessary, keep the courier waiting! If you deem the damage unacceptable you must not accept delivery and sign 'damaged' when asked.
In all cases if a third party signs for delivery the customer is still liable and covered by these Terms and Conditions Weighted Fresh (perishable) Items - please note that all fresh items sold by weight are approximate, please allow a 10g allowance either way. Where goods are returned to us by couriers due to non delivery because of customer error e.g the customer entered incorrect shipping details, did not arrange a redelivery or collect from depot/post office, we will treat this the same as customers returning goods as unwanted/mind changed and so in accordance with the distance selling regulations we will provide a full refund but charge you for the direct cost incurred of return delivery.
If you Change your Mind
In accordance with the distance selling regulations, if you change your mind or feel the goods are unsuitable for you, we will arrange to refund the full cost of your order subject to receiving written notification from you. The cancellation rights end seven working days after the day on which you received the goods. You must take reasonable care of goods to be returned and return them to us within 7 days of you taking delivery. Goods should be returned still in a new, unopened and unused condition, with original packaging. The customer must bear the cost of returning the goods to us. We strongly advise that you use a recorded delivery service and pack the goods securely to avoid damage in transit. If a recorded delivery service is not used and the goods do not reach us or are damaged in transit, we cannot be held responsible for the cost of the goods. If we agree to collect the goods from you then we reserve the right to charge you for the direct cost incurred for the recovery. Any refunds will be made to the card used for payment only and within 30 days of cancellation.
Please follow the below procedure to return goods to us:
- 1. Print out and fill in our returns note, available on request via email at customer services.
- 2. Please provide a full description of the reason for return in the space provided.
- 3. Wrap the items in their original packaging with all tags and labels etc relating to the returned goods.
- 4. Send the package with the completed Returns Note to:
7/8 Meridian Trading Estate
London SE7 7SJ
Please note, we strongly advise that you use a recorded delivery service. If you do not use recorded delivery and the goods do not get delivered back to us safely, we cannot be held responsible.
- 5. Please allow 30 days for us to process your return. We will notify you by e-mail when we have processed your return.
No returns can be processed unless all conditions are adhered to.
- d) The rights to return the goods to us as referred to in clause (c) above will not apply in the following circumstances:
- (i) in the event that the product has been used or opened.
- (ii) to any products that we have custom made specifically for you, this includes U Cook Curry kits
- (iii) to any products we deem perishable, this includes fresh food, frozen & chilled food. These are ordered at the customers own risk.
The provisions of this clause do not affect your statutory rights.
- a) The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- b) Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. Product images are for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual product sold due to reasons out of our control (e.g manufacturers packaging changing.) Manufacturers may also alter product names, descriptions and ingredients without prior warning. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- c) Your use of any information or material on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- d) This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction of any part or whole of this site is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- e) All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- f) Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or may be a criminal offence.
- g) From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience and to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse these websites. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
- h) You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Oriental Food's prior written consent.
- i) Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- j) We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check this Website from time to time to review the current terms and conditions since they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Website. If you do not wish to accept any new terms and conditions after we have given notice, you should not continue to use this Website.
- a) The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Oriental Food and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up todate and correct we make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- b) In no event shall we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
- c) Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Oriental Food. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- d) Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Oriental Food takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright and belongs to Oriental Food. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- you may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system