- I am having problems connecting to the site
- I am having problems adding/subtracting items from my basket
- I am having problems accessing the checkout
- I am having problems with the speed of the website
- Errors appear when I try to confirm my order at the checkout
- Technical requirements
- Our privacy and security policy
- Further information about Technical problems
- Online security with Visa and Mastercard Securecode
Q: I am having problems connecting to the site
A: Try connecting to another website. If you can't then call your Internet Service Provider for assistance.
If you are able to connect to other websites but not asianfoodshop.net, please check that you are typing in the correct address: http://www.oriental-food.co.uk
Please also ensure that you are not clicking on an out-of-date bookmark or favourite.
Q: I am having problems adding/subtracting items from my basket
A: If you're having problems adding or removing items from your basket we would advise you to delete your temporary internet files / Cache. For more information on how to do this, please consult your web browser help.
Q: I am having problems accessing the checkout
A:When this happens you will need to check that you have the correct SSL settings. To do this in Internet Explorer on Windows click on the tools menu from your web browser, select Internet options, and then go to the button called advanced.
From the details you are shown please ensure that all the SSL options are ticked.
Q: I am having problems with the speed of the website
A: There are a number of factors that can affect your browsing experience. If you are dissatisfied with the website speed, we recommend taking one or more of the following steps to help improve performance:
- Update to the latest version of your web browser. If you are still not happy with the speed, we suggest you try a new browser, such as Google Chrome
- Perform a bandwidth test online to check if you have normal speed for your broadband package. They provide a good way of finding out if you are having intermittent problems or not receiving your maximum speed from your Internet Service Provide
Q: Errors appear when I try to confirm my order at the checkout
A: From time to time we may experience temporary problem with our system. If you can't checkout, try again later.
Errors at checkout:
- Error: Sorry the card number you have entered is invalid.
- Resolution: Please make sure you are typing the card number correctly. Please also be aware that asianfoodshop Extra does not accept electron or solo cards.
- Error: There has been a problem confirming your order. Please try again or contact Customer Services.
- Resolution: From time to time we may experience temporary problem with our system. We would advise you to try again later.
- Error: The issue number you supplied is invalid.
- Resolution: Please remember that we only need issue numbers for Maestro cards, if your card is Visa, American Express or Mastercard please do not enter an issue number, please leave the box blank, even if your card has an issue number.
- Error: Your card has not been authorised, please contact your issuing bank.
- Resolution: There has been a problem authorising your card. We would advise you to contact your issuing bank to resolve this.
- Error: The security code on your card is invalid.
- Resolution: We ask for the security number from your payment card to prevent the fraudulent use of your account. This is printed on your card but isn't in the magnetic strip or embossed so only the person who has the card knows the number.
- Error: Expiry date on your card is invalid.
- Resolution: Does your card expire at the end of the month? If so it will not verify on the site as it will expire before we take payment and we will not be able to verify your new card as it will not be activated until your current card expires.
To get the best shopping experience on www.oriental-food.co.uk, we strongly recommend one of the following browser versions or higher:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Google Chrome
- Firefox 32.0
- Safari 5.7
- Opera 24
All our web pages are designed with a various screen resolutions in mind and it will adopt to your screen size.
Our privacy and security policy
You can be totally confident when you are shopping with www.oriental-food.co.uk.
Our Secure Server Software encrypts your credit card information to ensure your transactions with us are private and protected as they travel over the Internet.
We accept orders only from Web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology. This means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection.
Further information about Technical problems
Click here to contact us for more information.
Online Mastercard and Visa Securecode
Q: What are they?
A: Verified by Visa and MasterCard Securecode are online security services for Visa and MasterCard cardholders.
Q: What extra security do they provide?
A: These schemes enable you to register an additional password to your credit card. By doing this you will help to prevent unauthorised purchases on your credit card which means that you can shop online with added security and peace of mind.